Registration is still open! Submit the form below to sign up.
The MYBA is offering a great field training program to the public. If you just took our beginners class or you already have bees and just want more hands on training, this course is for you. So come out to work with bees while our Master Beekeeper can give you priceless advice. We recommend taking our beginners course and field training to set you on a path to success in your beekeeping experience
Dates may change to fit the bees schedule and each session is 2 hours
- April 22nd Orientation, building hive equipment, and checking on the observation hive
- May 20th Setting hives on stands and adding nucleus colony and feeding bees. Inspection of the observation hive
- June 10th Checking all hives for swarming, adding boxes testing for mites
- July 1st Inspecting the hives, treating bees for mites, splitting hives, and making mating nucs
- July 29th Adding more supers and frames, mite testing after treating, inspecting observation hive
- August 19th Getting bees ready for winter, mite free, queens are laying, and equalizing honey
- September 16th Hive inspections, remove bees from observation hive and install in full size hive equipment to overwinter outside
- October 21st Wrapping all hives, adding mouse guards, winter feed, and clean observation hive
You will also learn lighting smokers, record keeping, proper use of hive tools, protective gear, and a full season work in the apiary.
Space in the course is limited so register now to insure you get in this year’s class.
Course cost only $150.00 and get priceless experience. Become a club member for just $10.00.
If paying by check, please send payment for registration to:
Mid-York Beekeepers Association
Attention: Bonnie Collins
P.O. Box 4
Clark Mills, NY 13321
**Please indicate that the payment is for the field training course in the check memo and please make the check payable to the Mid-York Beekeepers.**
For any questions please contact Don MacCombie 315-656-3149